School Loop (www.schoolloop.com), a successful, mission-driven software company serving K-12 school districts, is hiring an Accounting and Operations Manager. School Loop makes an integrated suite of communications services for K-12 districts and schools, including websites, mobile apps, and learning management tools. These systems save teachers time and help students stay in school and on track.
The Accounting and Operations Manage is primarily responsible for all financial, accounting, payroll billing and collections activities for the company, and also for managing the company’s 401K plan, insurance policies, and the legal/process-related HR activities.
- Payroll. Maintain payroll system and 401K plan.
- Accounts Payable. Issue purchase orders, processes payables, maintain vendor/contractor W9’s and contracts.
- Financial Statements. Maintain the general ledger, perform month-end close, reconcile balance sheet and P&L accounts, prepare financial statements and budget updates.
- Billing. Process all invoices, deposit checks, follow up with delinquent accounts.
- Insurance and Benefits. Manage our various insurance policies, health care plan, 401K, and other related benefits.
- HR. Compete hiring and termination paperwork and enrollment in benefit programs, maintain personnel files.
- Annual Filings and Reporting. Manage 1099s, W2’s, payroll receipts, corporate filings and tax returns.
- Strong financial reporting and accounting skills
- Experience in Quickbooks and ADP Payroll preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Able to work independently and juggle priorities
- Able to help develop, improve and manage cross-department systems and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years + related experience
Competitive given skills and background (factoring in four-day workweek)
What it’s like to work at School Loop
We like to think of ourselves as the world’s oldest start-up. We’re lean, nimble, customer-centric, and agile. We believe deeply in our mission: We love helping teachers save time, kids get better grades, and parents keep their cool. Maybe that’s because we are teachers, parents, and kids at heart. Working from home isn’t for everyone, but we all love it. You will need to work independently, collaborate with colleagues from afar, and be happy without the full social experience of an office. And, yeah, we’re all adults. Not much beer pong going on.
Our work is organized around the ebbs and flows of the school year, so different parts of the company tend to be busy at different times. While this role has a set of monthly work, most of the invoicing activity occurs in one bust in July, for instance.
What we offer
Competitive salary based on experience and location.
Flexible location – anywhere in the US, though most of our customers are in California.
Full suite of benefits including health and dental, options and 401K and vacation time.
All your expenses are covered regarding home office, equipment and services.
Applying for this job
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org that highlights your skills. It would be cool to know why you are interested in this job and why you think it’s perfect for you.